About the Book
Tourism is a multi-dimensional activity and act as a driving force for employment generation, poverty alleviation and social harmony. It is one of the main foreign exchange earners and one that contributes to the economy indirectly through its linkages with other sectors like horticulture, agriculture, poultry, handicrafts and construction. It also provides employment to millions of people both directly and indirectly through its linkage with other sectors of the economy. The book is comprehensive one as it treats the different facets of tourism industry.
The book is organized in two parts. Part I contains 15 chapters and Part II contains 19 chapters. This book, which is designed on “teach yourself” technique has the salient features.
- A simplified and systematic approach to the understanding of a complex subject written in a unique, simple, easy to understand language that enables a quicker grasp for the student.
- User-friendly examination oriented style that facilitates information in a concise manner.
- The language is simple and easy to understand.
- Efforts have been made to incorporate the latest trends in the tourism sector.
- The book has been written keeping in view the needs of students appearing for examinations conducted by various universities.
The book will provide an essential reading for anyone interested in tourism, whether a student, a teacher, a professional or even a common man.
About the Author
Dr. T. SUBASH (b.1968) took his M.Com and M. Phil degree from Kerala University. He got his Ph.D from Mahatma Gandhi University on “The Role of District Tourism Promotion Councils in the Promotion of Tourism in Kerala”. His areas of interests are tourism, HRM, accounting and taxation. He has published more than twenty five articles in reputed national and international journals and has twenty years of teaching experience at graduate and post-graduate levels in various colleges in Kerala. He has been awarded Minor Research Project and Major Research Project by the UGC. He is actively participated in the research activities in commerce and management and is the approved Research Guide of the University of Kerala. Presently he is working as the Associate Professor in Government Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram, affiliated to University of Kerala.